Now you have this daunting task of making sure your business remains in motion before some outside force acts (time, competition, etc). Here are some of our favorite tips to help:
1. Say Thank You – Even if this is a quick text email or an image on your website, saying thank you can go a long way. This will make them feel appreciated and let them know that you care about them.
2. Tease Your Future – Give people something to look forward to in the coming year. Whether it’s an annual sale, new product, or fun promotion you have planned, let people know that you are an exciting company that people should be coming back. (Also, this primes them for when you actually do release your sale/product/promotion).
3. Run A Promotion – Speaking of which, why wait until the future? Run a promotion now that rewards anyone who bought during the holiday season. With (at least) two purchases under their belt, they will be well on their way towards being a loyal customer.
4. Loyalty Program – Automatically enroll people in your loyalty program; this makes them twice as likely to finish their loyalty card. Putting them in a loyalty program also allows you to label them as a “special / awesome / VIP” customer. This will make them feel extra important and part of an in-group.
5. Engage, Engage, Engage – This is really the important one. No matter what you do, you have to engage with new customers in order to not lose them. This could be via email, social media, direct mailings, or some other means, but make sure you keep connected with all of your new customers.
6. Quality Over Speed – Finally, whatever you do, make sure you put out good quality. Remember that these people may only have one impression of you. A high quality second impression is going to do more for you than a fast one.
Lights! Camera! Action! - Getting your customers to take that final step towards purchasing
Wait For It . . . . - Why local businesses have to prepare for instant gratification
The Backyard vs. The Big Box - Benefits local businesses have over national chains
Cidewalk CTA Blog
Cidewalk Blog - Marketing Advice That Works
Reach New Customers
Instant. Local. Mobile. Ads