Cidewalk’s main power comes from its ability to geo-target your promotion to people in an area of your choosing. Combined with the power of social media, which allows you to post updates to people already interested in your brand and your business, it delivers a one-two promotional “punch” that you can use again and again.
Remember, you can share your promotion on social media (or anywhere else, with your unique promo URL) even after your promotion has reached its chosen view count!
Here are ways you can harness the best parts of Cidewalk and social media to get maximum, targeted reach for your best promotions:
1. Use the “Share on Facebook” button to share your promotion to a network of targeted people who have already taken interest in your business or brand. To do this, just go into the stats page for your promotion and click “share on Facebook.”
When you do that, a pop-up will show that appears like this:
2. Click “View Promotion Online” for even more options! On the same stats page, click this button to view your promotion on shareable web page that will never expire. Post the URL of this page anywhere on Facebook, share it on Twitter, or even share with people in your Google+ circles.
Here is an example of the page you’ll see when you click “View Promotion Online”:
- Sharing on Facebook from this page allows you to alter the image shared to your friends. This option is great for photographers, artists, and anyone else looking to showcase a visual portfolio of work!
- Sharing on Twitter allows you to share your promotion copy with all of your followers in seconds. Plus, you can alter the tweet however you like.
- Clicking on the Google+ button allows you to share your promotion URL with everyone who has you in his or her circles. Add a comment before posting to let people know more details. If you’re planning a party, here’s the perfect place to include details on the dress code!
- Remember to copy the URL from up top and share wherever you’d like! Some places we can recommend sharing are:
- Other social networking sites like LinkedIn
- Within email: send it to friends, family, and colleagues!
- Include a link to your promotion, or a screenshot, in your business’ e-newsletter
- Post it in forums related to whatever you’re selling. Having a professional-looking ad from a service like Cidewalk adds credibility to your services!
- Share the promotion on your own business or personal blog. Blog platforms like Tumblr allow you to share links easily (we know!):